DRUNK DRIVING Accident Attorneys
Trusted drunk driving accident lawyers in Montgomery, AL
In the US, in 2015, 10,265 people were killed in an alcohol-impaired crash. When you chose to drink and drive you are putting not only yourself, but all drivers at risk. A drunk driving accident not only impacts your life, but the families and friends of those harmed during a tragic and preventable accident.
Drive Sober It’s The Law
The state of Alabama abides by the implied consent law. This means that by driving on a public road, you have given your consent to a chemical test. If you are pulled over and suspected of driving under the influence, you are required by law to submit a blood, urine or breathe test. If you refuse to abide by this law, there are major consequences.
In the state of Alabama, the BAC level is .08% – if your BAC level is higher than the state limit, you can be convicted of driving under the influence. If you have been injured in a similar situation, it’s crucial that you contact our team of drunk driving accident lawyers in Montgomery, Alabama to see how we can help you get the money you deserve.
Know The Facts
According to Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), here are some startling statistics:
- 50-75% of convicted drunk drivers continue to drive on a suspended license.
- Every 2 minutes a person is injured in a drunk driving crash.
- An average of 2-3 people will be involved in a drunk driving crash.
- Every day over 300,000 people drive drunk, but only 3,200 are arrested.
If you suspect someone is driving under the influence, never hesitate to immediately call 911 – here are some signs to look out for:
- Straddling the center lane or lane marker
- Taking extreme wide turns
- Following a car too closely
- Narrowly missing another car or object by passing too closely
- Braking erratically
- Driving without headlights
As a driver, you have a responsibility to drive safe and sober. If you were injured in a car accident due to a negligent drunk driver, call Floyd Hunter Injury Law for help. We will fight to make sure your family gets the compensation you deserve – your life matters.
Call Floyd Hunter Injury Law for a Free Legal Consultation at 334-452-4000, or contact us by filling out the Free Consultation Form below.