Being out of work with an injury can be an incredible burden on an individual and a family, especially if it is a lasting injury such as hearing or sight loss. You may feel scared and overwhelmed about your current condition, and wonder how you will be able to afford medical treatment and provide for your family.
At Floyd Hunter Injury Law, we are devoted to your case from the beginning and will make sure you are given the best service our firm has to offer. Your case will be personalized with an experienced attorney that specializes in workers compensation and communicates with you throughout each step.
A work-related accident is an event or exposure to something in your work environment that causes an injury or illness. 3.7 Million people are hurt on the job a year and it is important that you know your rights.
WHAT TO DO ONCE YOU’VE BEEN IN A WORKPLACE ACCIDENT
- Report the injury to your employer.
- Make sure your employer files a report, obtain a copy of this for yourself.
- See a company approved doctor. Make sure to follow the doctor’s instructions carefully. If given work restrictions, make sure to have the doctor give you this in writing.
- If you belong to a union, make sure you have made them aware of your injury.
- Keep a written record of events, when you were injured, report to employer date, doctor’s visit, etc.
Read Our Customer Testimonials:
“I am extremely pleased with both the lawyers and staff at Floyd Hunter. My attorney, Mike White has been exceptional. I recommend Mike and the firm wholeheartedly.”– Mary H., AL
“I was nervous about calling an attorney, but these lawyers were great. They really worked to make sure I was okay and that everything got taken care of. If you need help, call Floyd Hunter. They really care!!!” – Martha W., AL
Pike County Sheriff Department– The Sheriff’s office serves all citizens of Pike County by providing a mix of public safety and public service functions.
Pike Chamber of Commerce– This website provides helpful information regarding Pike Area, it is used to promote and protect the interests of the community.
University of Alabama School of Law– For more than 135 years, the University of Alabama School of Law has produced attorneys who become leaders locally, nationally and globally.