MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT Injury Lawyers
Trusted motorcycle accident injury attorneys in Montgomery Alabama
Riding a motorcycle can be an exhilarating experience, but if it not operated properly it can become a deadly vehicle. In 2015, 4,976 people died in motorcycle crashes in the United States.
When riding a motorcycle, you are fully exposed without any safety features making it critical to always be cautious when driving. While there are many safety precautions one can abide by to help reduce the severity of injury, a majority of motorcycle accidents lead to severe injury.
At Floyd Hunter Injury Law, our experienced Alabama Motorcycle Accident Attorneys understand the severity of these accidents – often resulting in head or brain injuries – and will be by your side to help you through the numerous legal obstacles surrounding your claim.
What Are The Most Common Reasons Motorcycle Accidents Occur?
- A car turns left in front of you – this is the most common motorcycle accident due to a car failing to see you or misjudging your speed.
- Hitting gravel in a blind corner – this occurs as you round a corner and hit a patch of sand/gravel/leaves resulting in a wipeout.
- Driving at excessive speeds – this leaves less time to react to oncoming traffic or sudden obstacles on the road causing a deadly accident.
- A car changes lanes into you – never put yourself in a car’s blind spot.
- You are hit from behind – if you come to a halt at a stop sign, intersection or crosswalk in order to avoid a hazard and the driver behind you does not register you are stopped.
- A car opens its door – always be cautious of parked cars.
What is the Law?
Alabama is currently the only state that does not require a motorcycle license or endorsement. Lawmakers continue to fight in hope to change this. The Alabama Department of Safety does offer a Class M license and endorsement to all motorcyclists.
In order to be street legal though, all riders are required to wear a helmet, must have at least one side mirror on their bike and handlebars are required to be 15 inches above the seat.
In terms of insurance, Alabama is an at-fault state. If you or a loved one are involved in a motorcycle accident, the negligent party is responsible for paying damages.
It is important that you have an experienced law firm representing you that understands the laws provided for motorcyclists throughout Alabama. At Floyd Hunter, we understand the rights of motorcyclists and fight to recover the maximum compensation you deserve when you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident in Montgomery Alabama. You can count on us to help you and your family through this difficult time.
Call Floyd Hunter Injury Law for a Free Legal Consultation at 334-452-4000, or contact us by filling out the Free Consultation Form below.