Local Motorcycle Accident Reminds Us To Drive More Aware Around Motorcycles
Motorcycle accidents are a frequent occurrence on our roads. A Motorcyclist has a higher risk of being severely injured and they do not have the same protection as a driver in a car or truck.
Summertime months are the most popular months for motorcycle riders, so it is important to be aware of their presence on the road around you.
A recent motorcycle accident reminds us of the dangers bikers face on the roads. The motorcyclist was traveling westbound when he collided with a Toyota. The Toyota was traveling eastbound and turning when the collision occurred. Motor vehicles taking a left hand turn are one of the most common ways in which a motorcycle accident happens.
This is a tragic reminder of the importance of sharing our roads safely. Below are some helpful tips to ensure you arrive safely to your destination:
- Look for blind spots – Make sure to check twice for smaller vehicles, motorcycles and bicycles. Due to their size they are harder to see in your blind spots.
- Always signal – Make sure to always properly signal prior to making a turn or switching lanes to alert all motorists. Especially look out for bikers when making turns.
- Be cautious when passing – When passing make sure to signal and give lots of room before returning to the lane.
- Give motorcyclists space – Allow more space between you and the motorcyclists around you. Strong winds can cause your car to veer into another lane unexpectedly. Make sure to never tailgate another driver, especially motorcycles in case of a sudden stop.
- Be extra cautious when turning left – A majority of bike accidents occur when a driver is making a left hand turn and does not see the biker due to a blind spot. Use more caution when making a left hand turn.
Floyd Hunter Injury Law is dedicated to representing clients throughout the State of Alabama when injured in any type of accident. Our experienced Alabama Motorcycle Accident Lawyers are committed to protecting the rights of people injured due to the negligence of others.
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident that was not your fault, call Floyd Hunter Injury Law at 334-452-4000. These cases are complicated, and only an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer, can properly evaluate these types of cases.
At Floyd Hunter Injury Law, an experienced Montgomery Alabama Motorcycle Accident Attorney will review every detail of your case and determine the best course of action for you.
We will fight hard to protect your rights to the full and fair compensation you may deserve.
Call Floyd Hunter Injury Law, Montgomery Alabama accident lawyers for a FREE case evaluation at 334-452-4000. We’re here to protect your rights. There is no attorney’s fee due up front. And we only get paid, after you do.
Get Floyd Hunter Injury Law On Your Side…Because The Right Lawyers Make a Real Difference.