Did You Know A Car Accident Happens Nearly Every 200 Seconds in Alabama?
Attorney Jeff Hunter recently joined NBC 12’s Alabama Live host Tonya Terry to discuss how dangerous it is to drive in Alabama.
Jeff explained that nearly every 200 seconds, an accident happens in Alabama. Unfortunately, that is an incredibly high amount of accidents that could have been prevented.
You may also be surprised to find out that Alabama has the second highest car accident fatality rate in the country.
But why is it important to know about all of these grim statistics?
“It’s a real problem. At my law firm, we represent people who have been injured in accidents, and we see this all of the time.” Jeff said.
“We really want to educate the people about how dangerous it is to drive, and what they can do to be safe when they are on the roads.”
Let’s take a closer look at some other alarming statistics:
- Alabama drivers have more than a 1 in 3 chance of being in a serious or fatal car accident in their lifetimes
- Someone is injured in a car crash nearly every 11 minutes in Alabama.
- Approximately 1,000 people die each year from accidents on Alabama roads.
- Nearly 60% of these victims were not wearing seat belts.
What are some car accident statistics that Alabama ranks high for?
- Second highest car accident fatality rate in the country
- Second highest teen driving fatality rate in the nation
- Third highest for traffic deaths caused by speeding in the U.S.
- Fifth highest for fatalities caused by impaired driving
- Ninth worst state for teens to drive in the county
There are many simple actions Alabama drivers can take to keep themselves and others safe, including always wearing your seat belt, paying attention and avoiding distractions and avoiding drowsy driving.
Jeff also stressed the importance of teen drivers receiving enough training to be competent drivers on the roads.
Seriously Injured in a Car Accident? Find Out What Your Options Are
If you or a loved one are seriously injured in a car accident that was not your fault, call the experienced Montgomery Car Accident Lawyers at Floyd Hunter at 334-452-4000.
When you call, you’ll receive a FREE case evaluation. There is never an attorney’s fee due upfront, and we don’t get paid until you do. It’s that simple.
We will fight to protect your rights to the fair insurance settlement that you deserve when injured in a motor vehicle accident. Call Floyd Hunter Injury Law for a Free Legal Consultation at 334-452-4000.
Call Floyd Hunter Injury Law, because the right lawyers make a real difference.