Montgomery Cerebral Palsy Lawyers
Cerebral Palsy (CP) is one of the most common motor disabilities among children – approximately 200,000 cases a year are reported throughout the United States. Cerebral Palsy is caused by abnormal brain development or damage to the developing brain which affects a person’s ability to control their muscles; often occurring before birth. Most symptoms do not get noticed until early childhood, including:
- Muscular – difficulty with bodily movements, muscle rigidity, permanent shortening of the muscle, problems with coordination, stiffness, overactive reflexes, involuntary movements, weakness, spasms, or paralysis.
- Developmental – failure to thrive, learning disability, slow growth, delayed speech.
- Speech – stuttering or speech disorder.
- Common – limping, drooling, hearing loss, tremor, physical deformity.
Types of Cerebral Palsy
- Spastic Cerebral Palsy – muscle stiffness and permanent contractions.
- Athetoid or Dyskinetic Cerebral Palsy – uncontrolled, slow, writhing movements.
- Ataxic Cerebral palsy – poor coordination and balance.
There is no cure for Cerebral Palsy, but there are multiple resources to help families and children cope with Cerebral Palsy. Training and therapy can help improve a child’s muscle function and coordination. Children who receive physical and occupational therapy early on are more likely to lead a more typical lifestyle and better adapt to the side effects.
Was There Medical Malpractice?
Far too often, babies are injured due to obstetrical errors putting infants at risk for brain damage. The most common negligent mistakes include:
- Excessive use of vacuum extraction
- Improper use of forceps
- Failure to order a timely C-section
- Improper administered medication
- Failure to recognize signs of fetal distress
- Negligence in monitoring and treating infants
If you believe your child suffered a birth injury due to negligence from medical staff, call Floyd Hunter Injury Law today. You need to have an experienced Montgomery Cerebral Palsy lawyers by your side to make sure your rights are protected.
The dedicated Montgomery Cerebral Palsy lawyers at Floyd Hunter know that each case of Cerebral Palsy is unique to the individual. We will work to help you get the answers and justice you and your child need.
Call Floyd Hunter Injury Law for a Free Legal Consultation at 334-452-4000, or contact us by filling out the Free Consultation Form below.