Please Be Careful When Driving Near A Big Tractor Trailer
Accidents involving a passenger car and a tractor-trailer are not rare occurrences, especially in the state of Alabama. The numbers are startling how many big rig accidents occur on our interstate roads, so be extra careful out there when driving near a big truck.
There are a number of strategies a driver can use to help avoid a tractor-trailer accident.
- Always be aware of your surroundings, and the vehicles around you when driving or when simply walking across the street.
- No place to get to is more important than arriving safely, so take your time, especially around big trucks.
- An overloaded truck can have difficultly navigating the road safely when changing lanes or coming to a stop, so always be aware, and give lots of room between you and a big truck.
Always be more careful driving on the road with larger vehicles, especially around fast moving and large commercial trucks. Here are some safety tips that can help you arrive safely at your final destination:
- Larger Blind Spots– Never put yourself in the way of a trucks blind spot
- No Tailgating – A large commercial vehicle can stop suddenly. You want to make sure that they can see you behind them, as well as you want to have enough time to stop and avoid an accident.
- A Tractor-Trailer Needs More Space– It is more difficult for large trucks to make turns and switch lanes. Because of their larger blind spots, they may not be able to see you in their mirrors. Give truck drivers plenty of space to maneuver on the road.
- More Time And Distance To Stop– It is NEVER safe to pull out in front of a large truck or ride too close behind one. These commercial vehicles are much heaver than a passenger car; therefore it takes a bit longer to slow down.
- Passing– Do not linger in the blind spots of a truck when passing. If you cannot be seen in their mirrors you risk them moving into your lane without them seeing you. Flash your lights, make sure when you pass a large truck you have open road in front of you.
- Merging– do not merge in front of a large, heavy commercial vehicle causing them to slam on their brakes. Because of how long it takes for them to slow down, this can cause a major and very dangerous accident.
At Floyd Hunter Injury Law we want all drivers to be as safe as possible. Always be present when driving and keep your hands on your wheel and your eyes on the road.
If you or a loved one is injured in an accident involving a large truck or tractor-trailer that was not your fault, call the leading Alabama Truck Accident lawyers, Floyd Hunter Injury Law, at 334-452-400.
Tractor Trailer Accident cases are extremely complex and usually involve a state and federal obstacles. You need an experienced tractor-trailer accident lawyer who understands truck accident law.
Let Floyd Hunter Injury Law handle your big rig accident claim. We offer a no fee, free case evaluation so call us today for help. There is never an attorneys fee charged up front, and we only get paid when you do. It’s that simple.
We’re here to fight and protect your rights when injured in an accident. Call Floyd Hunter Injury Law for a Free Legal Consultation at 334-523-8150, or contact us by filling out the Free Consultation Form below.
Call Floyd Hunter Injury Law, because the right lawyers make a real difference.