Motor Vehicle ACCIDENTS
Have you been injured in a Car Accident? Call Alabama’s leading injury law firm for your free consultation at 334-452-4000.
Car accidents happen every day in our country and most of them are caused by negligent drivers. The most recent data shows that over 40,000 people are killed in a car accidents annually, and that this number is increasing every year.
Many accidents are caused by speeding or cell phone distractions, which are preventable accidents. If you have been in an accident, make sure you know your rights and are protected. At Floyd Hunter Injury Law, we understand the lasting effects an accident can have and will fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
What to do if you have been in an accident:
- Do not leave the scene – do not leave the scene of the accident, this could make you liable for hit-and-run charges.
- Check on all persons involved – before checking on your property, make sure everyone involved in the accident is ok. If someone needs medical attention, make sure they are not moved until a medical professional is there to assist.
- Call 911 – report the accident to the authorities so they can come and assist. You will need a police report to be filed.
- Exchange insurance information – basic insurance information, names, phone numbers, addresses, license information, and plate numbers should be exchanged.
- Take photos – photos will help with the damage quote, showing damage done to the vehicles, and overall extent of the accident in court.
- Witnesses – ask for witness information like name, address, and phone number. Talk to them about what they saw.
- Call your insurance company – tell your insurance company about your accident. Be truthful and clear on what happened to the best of your ability. Do not lie to your insurance company.
- Document any medical treatment – document any medical visits, prescriptions, medical payments.
- Get damage quote – make sure to get a quotes on the damage from a couple sources for comparison.
- Privacy – do not talk about details of the accident with out your lawyer present. If you are asked for information, refer them to your insurance provider or your lawyer.
If you are unsure of your rights after being in an accident, call Floyd Hunter Injury Law for your Free Legal Consultation at 334-452-4000, or fill out the Free Consultation Form below.
Because the right lawyers make a real difference.