According to the NHSTA, in 2014 726 cyclists were killed in the United States. This is a startling number that is said to increase as more people are turning to their bike as a mode of transportation, for daily exercise, or just for fun. Bicycle accidents can be severe and require an experienced team of professionals to protect you.
Are You Covered?
By law, bicycles have the same rights and responsibilities as motor vehicles. A victim’s personal insurance coverage on their motor vehicle can compensate them for injuries even if the person at fault is uninsured/underinsured.
A majority of bicycle accidents are caused from distracted drivers; the most common bicycle accidents occur when:
- A driver makes a right turn across the bike lane.
- The driver makes a left turn at an uncontrolled or non-dedicated left-turn intersection.
- Either the motorist or bicyclist fail to properly stop at a red light or stop sign.
- A vehicle or bicyclist passes on the right.
- A bicyclist is hit by a car door as the passenger opens their door in the biker’s path.
- Hazardous roadway conditions – potholes, improper trenching, loose debris, etc. cause the bicyclist to lose control.
It is imperative to take action immediately following a bicycle accident. At Floyd Hunter Injury Law, we understand that it can be confusing and overwhelming for the victim following a bicycle accident.
Our experienced Alabama Bicycle Accident Attorneys will be by your side during each step of the investigation to make sure you have properly documented the accident. Call Floyd Hunter Injury Law for a Free Legal Consultation at 334-452-4000, or contact us by filling out the Free Consultation Form below.