Attorney Mike White Discusses Dangerous Toys to Watch Out for This Holiday Season on WAKA CBS 8 and WBMM CW 22!
As the holiday season quickly approaches, families are on a quest to find fun, safe toys that will make their children’s faces light up. Although most toys seem harmless, many of today’s popular toys can pose risks that may harm children.
According to Newsweek, every three seconds, a child is injured from a toy. Attorney Mike White, a partner at Floyd Hunter Injury Law, appeared on WAKA CBS 8 and WBMM CW 22 News to talk about toy safety. His goal was to help shed light on potential safety risks when buying toys. Moms and dads assume that if a toy is on a shelf in a store, that it is safe. But there are many ways and reasons why a potential toy could cause harm to your child.
So we wanted to help give you some food for thought.
To keep children safe, keep these helpful tips in mind:
- Toy Advisories – Follow toy advisories on toy packages closely. Be sure to keep toys intended for older children out of the hands of younger children.
- Fire Hazards – You may want to consider not purchasing toys that state it could be a fire hazard on the package.
- Choking Hazards – Be careful of toys with small parts, and potential for easily breakable parts. These can become chocking hazards for small children.
- Plush Toy Safety – Purchase softer toys to keep children safer, but be careful about parts that can come off, like glued plastic eyes, or sewn on hair ribbons.
- Strangulation – Watch out for toys with strings which can become a strangulation hazard.
By keeping these toy safety tips in mind when shopping for holiday toys, parents can help to keep their children safer.
If you or a loved one are seriously injured from a dangerous toy, call the experienced Alabama Personal Injury Lawyers at Floyd Hunter at 334-523-8150.
When you call, you’ll receive a FREE case evaluation. There is never an attorney’s fee due upfront and we don’t get paid until you do. It’s that simple.
We will fight to protect your rights to the fair insurance settlement that you deserve when injured from a dangerous toy. Call Floyd Hunter Injury Law for a Free Legal Consultation at 334-523-8150.
Call Floyd Hunter Injury Law, because the right lawyers make a real difference.